Elder McGhie's experiences as a missionary in Peru.

September 5, 2011

THE EPIC BATTLE CONTINUES!



This is not a very long email !!!  I am not really happy about that and also the sun is NOT SHINING TODAY either!!!  Carrie

COUGAR NATION LIVES!! TAKE THAT SEC!!!! HAHAHA!!

Hey fam and friends,
Well I won’t lie, the first thing I did was go to see how my cougz did and what a tale! The “come back kids” strike again! That’s some great stuff…  I just have to tell myself that this is the only full season of Cougar Football I have to miss for my whole live…. I can do this! Haha! FOR THE LORD!  The Lord knows that I would never give up a full year of football for anyone else but him and the fam…  So like they always say, sacrifice, brings blessing… right?! Haha

Well I have had quite the week here in Huancayo, La Florida to say the least.  Started off with my package arriving! HHHOOOORRRAYYY!!! It was beyond awesome to get the package! I haven’t finished the tape up yet or fiddled with the electronic voice sender, so you’ll have to wait till next week to get to hear my wonderful voice!!!So, I will respond to some questions that were asked me on the tape you sent… Elder Contreras is the 3rd new elder I am training, It also sounds like Ferrari Color is killin it!!! HOW BOUT EM BRAVES BABY!!!   Also people always ask me what I studied or what I’m going to do with my life afterwards and I was thinking the other night and have no clue! So when you talked about sales it was like an answer to my hidden prayer dad (really Marty?, Spencer doesn’t need to be worrying about what career he is going to have later in his life???  He hasn’t even been to college yet???)!!! So I only listened to the part of the tape you sent where  Dad and Natalee were talking and also mom screaming in the background at me for not emailing her….haha classic!  (Well he didn’t send an email to us until like 2pm on Tuesday, yes I need to have more faith but so I am not perfect!!!???).
So I will tell ya about the week and how it went down!!  First off  this week could be one of the most incredible weeks of my life!!!  I know that numbers don’t matter and all but I would just like to share with you some of the miracle we saw this last week…. We found 26 New Investigators; we invited 28 people to be baptized and had 11 investigators in Sacrament Meeting!!!!  It was UNREAL!!!!! We didn’t do anything special or change something, we just worked like always and the Lord blessed us unbelievably!!!  We have 3 baptisms this coming Saturday!  2 twin sisters and the Hermano Thomas who has talked to about 80 missionaries and well the Lord prepared him just in the right time that I got here!!! So we have been fighting against satan pretty hard to get those baptism dates set and accepted, every lesson with those 3 has just been a crazy royal battle!!! I can honestly say that I have never taught better and clearer than this week, the Spirit was so strong in the lessons and it was like revelation was flowing out of my mouth!!!  You better bet that this coming week will be a battle and a half, but we have the Holy Ghost and the Lord on our side!!! It says in all the mission calls that if we serve and obey we will become Defenders of the Truth, and this week I just felt like exactly that!!! It was sososososo AWESOME! So I’m pretty excited to get to work this week and Defend my beliefs and the Truth.  So time is really short today, sorry but I thank all of you for your prayers, letters and everything!!!
LOVE YA!
Elder McGhie
Ps I’m going to send a package home with gifts and all that this next week, through that Peruvian dad and daughter thing! SO GET EXCITED!
CHAU CHAU!
Pss Mom, I sleep like a little lamb every night…the cold? UNFASED!!! And I want a letter and pictures from COLLIN! He’s my little brother for goodness sake  and Caroline, Keep It up in Seminary! Brother Boyer eh? He is pretty cool and funny!  Have fun at Indian Hills and remember…NO BOYS!!! Haha! Oh and Ainsley, I loved your letter last week, thanks a bunch for telling me what was up, it’s nice to hear about it all, I mean I like hearing all the good stuff and all but the real story is great sometimes as well!!!
LOVE YA! BYE!!!



Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


No comments: