Elder McGhie's experiences as a missionary in Peru.

August 22, 2011

Whos got 2 thumbs and is 20? THIS GUY!!!


HABALA FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!!! 

Well I’m Super Happy that you guys went to the Temple like I asked!!! It really means a lot!!!  You all looked like a bunch of Champs out there in front of the Temple... Oh and Caroline, CUUUIIDAAADO with that skirt my little friend... Below the knee, below that knee (Her skirt came to her knee, not sure why he is so freaked, but it is kindof cute for him to worry about his little sister =)!!! I don’t want to see any of the knee stuff!!! Not from my little sister.  CAROLINE IS SO OLD! AND LIKE MATURE or something! So help me if I get back from my mission and there is some teenage punk in the house he won’t know what hit HIM!!! Sorry, I just get scared of this whole growing up thing (he gets scared? Try being a mom!).  Maybe Caroline should be home schooled HAHA! A lot safer, and less teenage boys.  Because well, I know teenage boys, I mean I was one of them about 3 days ago.... haha how crazy I’m  20 and i still dont believe it! I’m like a man or something supposedly...  Haha

Well the birthday here is Peru was pretty great.  Some bad news about the package... Last week there was a giant mud slide and it took out the main road that all the trucks use to deliver packages and it STILL ISNT FIXED! So no trucks have passed to Huancayo in about a week and a half.  I mean that great Peru Construction service we got going on here is SPECTACULAR.  Like the main highway is completely blocked off, you think that would be about the 1st thing you repair right? Well apparently not! But patience is a virtue, that i must develop, the package should get here next p-day, my old comp Elder Pozo, the newbie that hurt his knee is now in the office as a secretary of packages and cards, he called me when the package got here, but then broke the bad news 2 days later that he can’t send it or any of our cards or packages because of the mud slide.  But that’s life in the fast lane!

Don’t worry mom, the birthday was great, as dad said they take pretty good care of you here on your birthday.  Almost the whole ward was trying to invite me over to feed me! It was nuts!  Holidays are really strange in the mission, it’s like I’m half excited, but almost more excited for it to be over before it gets here, but every time the Holidays turn out great.  I wasn’t sure how I would wake up and be on my birthday, but I really just woke up and felt the spirit SO strong immediately.  And it was just like I had the best feeling the entire day, like I was just in a big happy spiritual bubble just kinda floating around the whole day.  It was pretty awesome, and I know it was thanks to all of your Prayers and Birthday Wishes, so THANKS SOSOSOSOSO MUCH TO EVERYONE!!!

We had our baptism of Hermano Amrmando, he is a champ! He is the guy i told you about a couple weeks ago that called us and said he was going to get baptized. And it was pretty awesome! He says he and his girlfriend that is a member, who is working in Trujillo at the moment have plans to get married and in a year THEY ARE GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!!! O HECK YEAH!!!  His girlfriend came  all the way from Trujillo to surprise him at his Baptism, she is from here, but working in Trujillo.  We talked a little about Trujillo i told her i have a cousin and some buddies that served there or are going there.  So his baptism was LO MAXIMO as we say here in Mi estimado perù.  My comp is the Man! He is from Conception Chile, and he told me the story of what happened in the earthquake when he was there, because he is from that part where it all went down! It was pretty crazy to hear the story.  But his whole family was protected and well he is my 3rd Chilean Companion so i pretty much have learned all the slang from Chile and so I’ll be able to talk CHIELNO with Jordy and Alex after the mission.  Haha it really is different, they don’t say their S´s in any of their words, especially those from Santiago! So if Jordy is reading this NO PASA NADA CON CASTIGANO DE CHILE! DIGA SUS S´s JAJA!!!

So the mission is great, time is about up, I gotta save the 20 emails I got today! Dad, I need the info of how to send packages home, I have some, stuff I need to send and well BDAY GIFTS for yall!!! And are you guys planning on picking me up or what after my mission? I know we have a while but people always ask me if i will come back with the fam...just wondering! LOVE ALL YALL!!! I hope you have a fantastic week!!!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY MI MAMITABONITA (THAT IS ONE WORD)(I made up the name for myself, took two words and made them one since I cant be Mamasita anymore cause it means something like girlfriend or ?? So now I think it means, pretty mom????)!!! HAHA!!!
 I SENT A VOICE RECORDING HOME WITH ELDER SMITH!!! CUMPLEAÑOS FELIZ MI ESTIMADA MAMITABONITA -FLAKITA (I think this means, Happy Birthday to my pretty and thin Mom????)!!! love ya!

CHUA CHUA!!!

Elder Spencer Marty McGhie!

Oh and Happy Birthday to Mr Packer on the 21st of August he turned 21! And Ashley Anderson! And Kirk and Nick Vitti on the 19th, If you could tell em HAPPY BIRTHDAY that would be great! Thanks mom! BYE!


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


No comments: