Elder McGhie's experiences as a missionary in Peru.

May 5, 2012

Las Familias Pueden Ser ETERNAS!


May 5, 2012

HOLA FAMILIA!
               What a week I’ll bets it’s been!  Sorry, I wasted about half my internet time looking at the wedding Pics (I, his mom sent him the wedding pictures! Aren’t MOMS the best!! =) so my letter won’t be that long! 
But……

CONGRATS AISLEY AND RUSS!!!

The Pics look great; I bet it was a BLAST!  So how’d the wedding go? (It went well, totally a surreal experience for me as a MOM but it was a really nice day and everything turned out just how Ainsley wanted it to and that is what is important!!  I think it was a great day for “The New Banks Family” (not sure I can get used to Ainsley going by Ainsley Banks (one day at a time Carrie!!!!??), one they will look back on and say to each other: “That was one of the BEST Days of my life”!!)  I made sure to say a few special prayers for you guys, I’ll bet it was crazy and all that but hey I’m sure you all loved it!  I realized you changed my head on the cardboard cutout eh? (The picture he sent us was fine but the resolution of the picture wasn’t too good so that when they sharpened the image, it made Spencer’s teeth looked like they were all broken off in different lengths with jagged edges!! It was quite funny to look at but I didn’t want everyone to think that Spencer hadn’t taken care of his teeth while in Peru for 18 months!! =) Oh and his hair was super short or should I say……shaved…. Here is a picture =)  --------------------------- >
Haha I guess now I’m a fat old missionary with a shaved head... Bummer deal haha! !  Just kidding it looked a lot better than I look right now cause I don’t have hair at this instant, but its growing back!  Haha so I hope my voice recording turned out good, (It was hilarious and he even sang a little!) I don’t know if you ended up using it or not, if not - NO PROBLEM!  It might have been a little cheesy... woof! 

But hey so a little bit of news here in the mission field, President told me I will be heading back out to the field at the end of this transfer!  I have really enjoyed my time in the office, sure I will really miss the guys in the office but it will be nice to get back to the field and be able to WORK MY PANTS OFF and give it all I got for these remaining 6 months!  Pretty weird to say I’ve been a missionary for 18 months now... yikes!  I feel like yesterday I barely had 6 months in the mish!  AY CARAMBA time is flying and it just keeps going faster and faster! 

So this week after the Conference with the zone leaders, we all went to this park of crazy water fountains with President his family, the office and all the zone leaders!  We took a butt load of pics but my dang adapter isn`t working (it cost me 7 soles)  Like dad told me when I came home with a shaved head after a free Barber Brown haircut... Son, you get what ya pay for!  (Haha don’t worry Jordy, I still live for the Barber Brown Cut!)   Haha but anyways, I’m so happy Ainsley got married!  It is really so Awesome!  They will be a great couple together!  And I had forgotten that Russ is a pretty big dude and could pretty much beat the tar out of me... but hey we will see in November in the first wrestling match, and if that goes bad we are taking it to the Hardwood SON!  Haha!  So life is good, tell Ainsley and Russ CONGRATS!  I’m so happy for them!  I will be calling Monday for 3 minutes to set up the phone call on Mother’s Day, yes I want to use skype!  Dad I was wondering if it can be a 3 way skype call with Ainsley if that’s possible!  Seeing that she is in SPAIN! Flip I haven’t even been to Canada and Ainsley has already covered three fourths of Europe!  So I am thinking of using skype on Friday or Saturday cause Saturday in the afternoon I will be going to Tarma and then La Merced for some interviews and conferences with President, but just to let you know, that’s what I’m kinda thinking! 

Love ya fam!  CUIDESE MUCHO!

Elder McGhie
ps mom there is an email from president on here with like 20 pics from the water park, feel free to download em (I already had them downloaded before I read this, we never know when we are going to get an email from him anymore so I get on his and check all the time and sometimes I find fun things like pictures from his mission President or calendars for the year, fun things like that!! =)!!and I AM WAITING FOR MY PACKAGE VERY PATIENTLY BUT HEY COME ON NOW I SENT MINE NOW ITS YOU TURN! HAHA BYE! (We sent it Already!! =)



Add caption



Add caption




Add caption

Add caption


Add caption



No comments: