Elder McGhie's experiences as a missionary in Peru.

October 10, 2011

Just puttin one foot in front of the other!!

Hola mi Estimada Familia y queridos Amigos!
  
Ojala que todo les vaya super bien!!!
Alright enough with the Spanish talk haha, so how yall doing?  I’m doing pretty swell, here in good old Peru!  So to respond to your last email i was very happy to hear BYU beat Utah State! After all, me and Jordy did suffer through that disaster last year as we traveled TO LOGAN and sat in their student section!!!  haha  Sounds like it was sweet revenge for Riley Nelson, So good for him! But anyways, so where to begin, is always the hardest thing in my cards, but here goes nothing!
 
This week has been, well a Test and Trial of my Faith for sure.  Haha I have been pretty sick to my stomach the whole week and it wasn’t very fun at all!! Haha Don’t worry Mom, I’m feeling a lot better and good solid nap for p-day should do the trick!  So battling with the stomach bug just made everything a little harder, and the natural man was STRONG this week.   But we kept on fighting; my comp Elder Winterton is a straight up Champion!  love that kid, and we have 3 investigators with baptismal dates for this week, and it was crazy trying to find them and actually set the baptismal date, but we have that extra help from above (which is very needed cause we are 2 gringos!!!) Haha, there are only about 3 other Gringo Companionships and I think we are like the Guiney pigs here
(I hope they aren’t the kind of Guiney pigs that the Peruvian people eat?? :O!!!!!), cause in the Peru Lima East  Mission, a companionship of Gringos was Unheard of before but we shall see how it goes, so far it’s really going good. 

My Pensionista, well she is the editor of a magazine that she is just starting for teachers here in Peru with ideas of what to teach and activities for students and all that jazz, but she wanted to do an English and Spanish translation, and well since my companion and I speak English, she asked for our help!!Haha  So with the help of Google Translator, (yeah I know we cheated a little, but I’m sorry I didn’t know how to say Mahogany in Spanish!)  We were able to translate it all, and we got our names put in the magazine! Haha It says below the English translation, “By Spencer M. McGhie and Brent Wintereton!” Haha Yeah we are pretty much famous, except for the fact that no one knows who Spencer M. McGhie is or how to pronounce my name but hey, I’ll take what I can get! Haha!

I like it here in Santa Anita.  My ward is really great and my bishop is a champ and really supports the missionary work!  The chapel we meet in is GIGANTIC!  It’s only about 3 or 4 years old and well it is 3 stories high with an elevator! It is so dang nice! The church really is amazing!  So Life is going great.  I’m still fighting with the stomach, but don’t worry mom, my mission president’s wife gave me some pills and stuff.  Sorry I don’t have much to say!

Tell Bubba that I tried to visit him. We had our meeting Tuesday in the morning in the chapel right next to the CCM (The Peru MTC), but I didn’t get there until about 7:30 am, and he left at like 6 am! I was seriously BUMMED!  So I failed there, sorry Bubba!  I got to go to the temple again and it was the BEST! Everyone that lives close to a temple please take advantage of it and GO!  You don’t know what you got till it’s gone!!!!  Haha  So, I love y’all! I’m sorry my email today is super lame, but I will strive to do better the next week (that is what he has said for the last 3 weeks……… he is totally going to be grounded for at least a year once he gets home =)! 

LOVÉ YA
Elder Spencer Marty McGhie


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption

Add caption

Add caption

Add caption











No comments: