Elder McGhie's experiences as a missionary in Peru.

October 17, 2011

"MIRACLES"!!!

 HHHHOOOOLLLLLAAAA FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!!
     
Alright I’m cutting right to the chase cause I don’t have much time!!!  So how yall doing?  I hope you’re just fine and dandy!  So this week we had a miracle baptism! Hermano Absalon got baptized!  He is about 55 yrs. old and his wife has been a member for about 2 years!  He was a STUBBORN Little Bugger!!! He works as a Welder, if you saw him in the street, you would probably think he was going to kill you! Haha  He doesn’t like to smile, but as you can see in his Baptism pics, he was as happy as a clam!!!  The main reason why he didn’t want to get baptized is because he doesn’t know how to read.  We helped him through that challenge but he was still nervous that everyone was going to judge him and make fun of him.  But the President of the Relief Society, she has been a member for about 20 yrs, but when she got baptized she didn’t know how to read either!  Now she is has been the President of the RS for about 10 years! She is a really amazing lady!  So she talked to Hermano Absalon and told him that he shouldn’t feel bad, that she went through the same challenges.  The importance of working with members is really, really, really, BIG!  SO you all need to find your friends that aren’t members and then go WITH the missionaries to teach them, don’t just pass the references to the missionaries!!!  So Hermano Absalon is just the man, we have been teaching him since I got here to Santa Anita, and finally he got baptized.  I just had the greatest feeling after the baptism, that we had fought and fought to help Absalon enter the Baptism waters and he finally did!  He bore his testimony afterword’s and he thanked us for helping him change his life and giving him hope.  It was SO rewarding.  After getting rejected So many times, to hear someone say that, just gives ya the energy to keep going!!! The mission is tough sometimes, but it’s moments like that that give us the energy to keep on chugging!!!  I love the mission!!! It’s really awesome! Tough, but awesome!
Sorry my letter is so short (Wow, that is a total understatement, its only one small paragraph!!  I had to enlarge the font so it looked like it was longer???)!!!
Love ya and keep it real!!! Tell bubba I will write him a letter next week (I hope someone out there can tell Bubba?)!
LOVE YAS (I guess that is a new way to say, I love ya?, funny guy!!)
Elder Spencer Marty McGhie!
Today, I sent an email to Spencer, with the subject line that said…”YOU NEED TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS TODAY!!!  So here are his answers!!  But there wasn’t a question about the family meetings, he came up with that one on his own !! =)

Hey mom, so i will send ya some quick responses here to your questions..

Yes Elder Zach Hansen is in my zone, he is a great guy!! I really like him, he is super nice and a great missionary!

My stomach is a lot better, but seriously,  I’m in tip top shape right now! My pensionista es lo MAXIMO.  She is super funny, she reminds me of Aunt Jane, I would not be mistaken if I said that, she is the Peruvian version of Aunt Jane!!! So she of course is AWESOME!

Also I liked the blue heart rock that you sent me, haha its pretty great! 

Oh and I was inspired from your email about the “family meetings(our family has been known to have….fairly dramatic and loud family meetings and usually they don’t end up with everyone being happy and sometimes no one ends up happy, even the pets cause they run and hide!!), so I wrote you guys a letter, but it must be read together as a family in a family night or a family meeting!!!Haha   Its like I am leading the meeting through a letter in Peru!  You can’t read it alone mom!  Only in a family meeting together!!!  (I would never read it by myself first!!!  I mean really???!!!!!  Okay, I confess, I totally would read it by myself first……even if it had…….. Marty’s name on it or Ainsley’s or Caroline’s………and I wouldn’t even feel one bit bad about it!!!) : )


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption




Add caption



Add caption


Add caption

Add caption

No comments: