Elder McGhie's experiences as a missionary in Peru.

October 2, 2012

MY LAST ZONE LEADER CONFERENCE!!!

Add caption


HEY FAMILY Y AMIGOS!!!
    
It’s your favorite son/missionary in the whole wide world... ELDER McGHIE!!!!!!!  I am honestly in shock right now, I am in Lima with Elder Smith and all the other Zone leaders at the monthly zone leader conference!!  This is my13th Zone Leader Conference in the mission and I can’t really believe that time has gone by SO fast!!!  I went through 5 or 6 of these conferences as them as Assistant but that still counts!!!  So when it’s your last zone leader conference you have to stand up at the end and well share your testimony... FLIP!!!!!!!!  So, Elder Biliter started and was strong and didn´t cry!  Then my old comp Elder Avalos shared his testimony and cried, so I started tearing all up and then it was my turn!!!  I had the CRAZIEST feeling of the Spirit and nerves and a reality check that time is running down!!!!  FLIP!!!  I was choked up the entire time I was sharing my testimony! The rest of the guys shared their testimony, my comp Elder Smith, and PAPIX  Elder Madsen, and flip he started balling, so I started up again.  I then gained my composure and we just HAD to finish the conference singing, “COME COME YE SAINTS”....  I was strong until the last verse and well the WATER FALL started up again! 

Holy SMOKES  I was dying of reality check!  I mean I wasn’t even affected when I was thinking 50 days of 45 and then today i got smacked up side the head with a HUGE wake up call because that was my last CONFERENCE!  President Ardila was crying and Sister Ardila was balling, and some of the other zone leaders, man it was an emotional day but a great day!
      
We then got to go to the temple and just do some good old meditating!!!  Nothing better than going to the Temple!!!  I was overcome by a great feeling of peace while sharing my testimony, and throughout the whole conference, because I have really served my mission well!!!!!!!!!  I told the elders that I felt the spirit so strong and that they should work their tails off so they can have that great feeling!   I have always remembered what dad said, that there is NO greater feeling than getting on the plane knowing you gave it all to the Lord!
Love ya!
BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder McGHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saludos de MADSEN! (I think this might me that Elder Madsen says hello?)

Add caption


Add caption



Add caption


Add caption


Add caption


Add caption

Add caption



Add caption


Add caption


No comments: